Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Post

Hello. You need not know my name, for it won't matter soon, but it's nice to meet you.

I've made this blog to chronicle what may be my final days. I don't know how long it will run.

I'm constantly hearing it now, that grating noise that rubs against my mind and scratches my ears. My vision is constantly at risk of changing to show me only a garbled mess. Almost every day, I'm left messages by a mysterious person. I don't know who they are or how they get in my house, but they leave as quickly as they come. And the messages are always the same jumbled mess of drawings and words that I can barely make out.

But, in retrospect, I have to wonder why. Why was I chosen to live such a life? I'm trapped, utterly and completely. I can't even leave my house anymore. Any attempt at such a feat transports me into a dark world of rusted metal and chains. All I can do is worry the friends I used to have, and depend on them for food and money for bills. I don't know how long that can last.

There are only three constants in my new world: The mysterious person, my home, and the man.

Oh, did I not mention the man? He's always around, watching me like I'm some sort of hamster in a cage. He stands outside my window, outside every window. He looks like some sort of FBI agent, but I can never get a good look at him. I notice him through the corners of my eyes, but when I turn to look he is gone. I don't know what he wants, but leaving messages for him doesn't change anything.

I've started to see masks around the house the last few days. Masks of all kinds, all makes, all designs. I sometimes stop and put them to my face, to see what would happen, but I always have to pull back. The inside burns my face like fire. I always end up screaming.

It reminds me of my favorite game, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. You know, the URL of this blog is actually based on the game. Somehow, I think it's appropriate.

...I have to go now. I found another note.

No comments:

Post a Comment